EAST LANSING, MI -- You won’t have to look far to find animal-related workshops at this year’s Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR) Week at Michigan State University (MSU).
ANR Week, Feb. 28-March 8, annually hosts a wide variety of meetings, workshops and conferences in areas such as agriculture, horticulture and natural resources.
Animal-related workshops include:
• The Michigan State Rabbit Breeders Association Convention and Show will take place Feb. 28-March 2 at the Pavilion for Agriculture and Livestock Education. The annual Rabbit School will take place at 1 p.m. Feb. 28. Other events include a rabbit show and awards banquet. For more information, contact MSRBA president Tony Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A small flock poultry workshop, “Backyard Poultry: Do You Know What You Are Doing?” will take place from 1 to 5 p.m. March 4 at the pavilion. The program will focus on health issues and biosecurity practices in small flock production. The $30 registration fee will cover lunch and a hands-on lab. Contact Darrin Karcher at email@example.com for more information.
• Everyone is abuzz about the Michigan Beekeepers Association Conference, March 7-8 at the Kellogg Center. This workshop will teach you how to help bees so that they can help you. For more information, please check www.michiganbees.org.
• The Michigan Horse Council Horse Expo takes place March 7-9 at the pavilion. It will host events such as the Michigan High School Rodeo. Admittance is $11 for adults and $6 for children in advance, or $13 for adults and $7 for kids at the door. For more information, contact Marilyn Graff at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.michiganhorseexpo.org.
• The Pullorum Certification Workshop will take place from 8:30 a.m. to noon March 4 at the pavilion. Participants will learn how to do the Pullorum test on poultry and fill out the associated paperwork. The workshop is free, but there is a $20 fee to be certified for three years. Preregistration is not necessary.
To find out more about these events as well as what else you can do during ANR Week, please visit http://anrweek.canr.msu.edu/sessions/daily_schedule.