Gelbvieh Ring of Gold champions named
Throughout the 2015-2016 show year, Gelbvieh and Balancer females and bulls competed at shows across the country to earn points for the American Gelbvieh Association Ring of Gold program.
A total of four shows were included in the Ring of Gold tally. Each year the qualifying animals are ranked at the conclusion of the National Gelbvieh and Balancer show at the National Western Stock Show.
The American Gelbvieh Association established the Ring of Gold program to honor the top animals shown at the conclusion of the show year. Points are earned for grand and reserve champions, as well as division champions and reserves, and are based on the actual number of animals shown at each show.
To honor those animals who have risen to the top during the show season, The Ring of Gold awards are presented to the top Gelbvieh female, Gelbvieh bull, Balancer female and Balancer bull based on points awarded throughout the year. Animals must earn points in at least two shows to qualify for Ring of Gold points each year. The 2015-2016 Ring of Gold qualified shows were: Missouri State Fair, American Royal, North American International Livestock Exposition, and National Western Stock Show.
The following is a list of the top three animals in each Ring of Gold division who qualify for the recognition by winning points in at least two shows.
Ring of Gold Gelbvieh Female:
1. HIGH Ms Miranda 9C17 ET, Hightower Cattle Company LLC, LaCygne, KS
2. 3G Cowgirl Cleopatra 551C, Emily Griffiths, Kendallville, IN
3. Tied between EGL B281, JW LeDoux, Agenda, KS, and BCFG Butlers Bianca 534B, Aiden Raab, Markle, IN
Ring of Gold Gelbvieh Bull:
1. GGGE 3G Big Valley 4108B ET, Emily Griffiths, Kendallville, IN
2. SYD Boondocks Axel 3116A ET, Sydney Wilkinson, Brighton, CO
3. HTFB Mr. Bruce Almighty B419, Hilltop Farms/Brad McWilliams, Asbury, MO
Ring of Gold Balancer Female:
1. GGGE 3G Cowgirl Cruella 537C, Emily Griffiths, Kendallville, IN
2. RAAB BCFG Ms. Valentine 214B, Aidan Raab, Markle, IN
3.GGGE 3G Cowgirl Banshee 484B, Riddle & Co./September Farms, Hildreth, NE
Ring of Gold Balancer Bull:
1. GGGE 3G Centurion 527C, Emily Griffiths, Kendallville, IN
2. AHL First Class 493B ET, JW LeDoux, Agenda, KS
3.GGGE 3G Big Business 499B, Emily Griffiths, Kendallville, IN