Yieldmaster winners announced
WEST BEND, WI -- Dairyland Seed recently announced the National and State winners for its annual Corn and Soybean Yieldmaster Contests.
The title of National Corn Yieldmaster was awarded to Robert and Donald McLane of Elizabeth, Ill. with a yield of 296.95 bushels per acre with DS-9311RA.
The title of National Soybean Yieldmaster was awarded to Steve Queckboerner of Chadwick, Ill., with a yield of 105.92 bushels per acre with DSR-2411/R2Y.
The Early Zone Soybean Yieldmaster was awarded to Todd Whempner of Wilmot, S.D., with a yield of 91.80 bushels per acre with DSR-1215/R2Y.
The Early Zone Corn Yieldmaster was awarded to John and Linda Worm of Young America, Minn., who entered DS-1501 with a yield of 265.25 bushels. Individual state winners were also awarded.
South Dakota Corn Yieldmasters
• First Place: Bill and Eric Mueller of Big Stone City – 228.92 bu/acre with DS-9701RA.
• Second Place: Waletich Farms, Langford – 217.29 bu/acre with DS-9593.
• Third Place: Loren Cutler, Veblen – 216.86 bu/acre with DS-9796.
South Dakota Soybean Yieldmasters
• First Place: Todd Whempner of Wilmot – 91.80 bu/acre with DSR-1215R2Y.
• Second Place: Bill and Eric Mueller, Big Stone City – 88.10 bu/acre with DSR-1215R2Y.
• Third Place: Scott Kneeland, Summit – 70.20 bu/acre with DSR-1215R2Y
“We are very proud to be a part of helping our Yieldmasters achieve these outstanding yields,” stated Gary Leeper, General Manager of Dairyland Seed.
“It is because of growers like these that the future for agriculture is bright as is our ability to continue feeding the growing world population.”
Dairyland Seed was founded in 1907 and focuses its business on providing world-class hybrid corn, soybean and alfalfa genetics to American farmers.
Now part of Dow AgroSciences, the plant breeding efforts initiated by Dairyland have since expanded and products offered include SmartStax and Refuge Advanced. Dairyland Seed is headquartered in West Bend, WI.