2021 Huron Community Fair billboard contest
BAD AXE, MI. – The Huron Community Fair is inviting 4-H clubs and FFA chapters to participate in the annual Billboard Contest promoting the 2021 Huron Community Fair August 1 through August 7, 2021. If you haven’t had the opportunity to review the digital fair book at www.huroncommunityfair.com, we are sharing the information with everyone here:
Each participating 4-H Club and FFA Chapter that successfully completes a NEW billboard promoting the 2021 Huron Community Fair will receive $30 from the Fair Board to cover the expense of a NEW billboard. For those who participated in 2019, please feel free to re-use your billboard from 2019 by either:
1. Just changing the dates on it (will NOT be judged); or
2. Completely re-vamping your billboard (to be judged).
Judging will take place the first full week in July and awards will be given out for:
1st = $75
2nd = $60
3rd = $50
4th = $40
5th = $30
1. Billboards must be a minimum of 4 ft. x 8 ft.
2. Billboards must be made of a permanent material such as plywood.
3. Billboards must include name of the fair, dates, and location of the fair.
4. Billboards must be posted in a prominent location in the county and very visible by passing vehicles, by Thursday, July 1, 2021. They must be positioned at least 33 feet from the edge of the road on private property. Billboards must be taken down within two weeks after the close of fair or award will not be paid.
5. Billboards will be judged on creativity, design, and its effectiveness in promoting the fair (i.e., if it’s in a location where many people will see it).
6. 4-H Clubs and FFA Chapters need to submit a billboard registration form for the contest at fair registration (see dates on page 1). Include the location of the billboard for judging.
7. Billboard registration forms will be available at the Fair Office (fairgrounds) in Bad Axe .
8. Winners will be posted in the fair office during fair week and announced at opening ceremonies on Sunday, August 1, 2021.
If you have any questions regarding the Billboard Contest, please contact Clark Brock, Fair Board President at 989-550-3097.